Upon hearing the statistics regarding people who travel, it probably painted a beautiful image in your head of Septa stations and the airport being jam-packed with people trying to figure out maps, schedules, tickets, and even life itself as they try to make it to friends’ and relatives’ homes. Surprisingly, most holiday travel (91% to be exact), takes place in the form of a good, old-fashioned, family road-trip, according to the US Bureau of Transportation Statistics. That being said, the number of people who lose or lock their keys in their vehicle is directly affected, and that is where the automotive locksmiths at Locksmith Services Inc. come in handy.
- Bring a spare key with you.
- One way to avoid falling victim to being stranded outside of your vehicle is to have a spare key on you or your vehicle at all times. There are little magnetic lock boxes that can be placed on the undercarriage of your car to ensure that you always have a spare key on you.
- No spare key? No problem, we can have an automotive technician to you to make you a duplicate key. They will be able to provide, cut, and program the key on the spot.
- Put a tag on your keys with your contact information.
- By simply putting your name and phone number on your key chain you will greatly increase the chances of your keys finding their way back to you.
- We do not advise putting anymore personal information than that on your keys as it could lead to future security issues.
- Go through a mental checklist when exiting your vehicle.
- If you make it a habit to remind yourself to do a checklist each time you exit your vehicle it will help you remember to grab your keys.
- Each time you leave your vehicle ask yourself a few questions: Do I have my wallet? Do I have my keys? Did I turn my lights out? This exercise will stick with you and become second nature, almost guaranteeing you will never lose or forget your keys again.
- Lost your keys completely?
- First we recommend retracing your steps, and checking those pesky couch cushions before you panic. If you find your keys, great! If not, there is still no need to panic.
- Don’t worry if you’ve lost your keys, a car key specialist from Locksmith Services Inc. can come out to your location within as little as 20 minutes to make you a new key on the spot. The new key will be cut and programmed to your vehicle and will have you back on the road within as little as an hour!
- While you have a technician out there making you a replacement car key, it might be time to invest in that spare key we mentioned earlier, especially if you’re already getting a new key made, it will be easier on your wallet, and the technician to make a second key at that time.
We hope that these simple tips will make a big difference in your lives this holiday season. If you have any questions or concerns regarding any residential or automotive locksmith needs you may have this holiday season please give us a call. Locksmith Services Inc. Phone 206-935-7538
With Summer in full swing it’s easy to forget or get off your normal schedule. That’s why Locksmith Services Inc. put together this helpful reminder guide. Always lock your doors and windows. Summer can bring an influx of visitors to … Continue reading
Traveling during the summer or for holidays can potentially put your home at risk to be burglarized. It is imperative to take security precautions to ensure that your home does not fall victim to holiday thieves. When the amount of people … Continue reading
Do-It-Yourself, or DIY, activities are becoming increasingly popular amongst today’s society and it’s no wonder why. The Internet has great resources for ways to create, recreate, and repurpose things. One trend that people are beginning to catch on to is … Continue reading
Picking the right locks for your home can be quite a daunting task. Apart from considering which ones suit your taste, you also have your budget constraints to consider. And then there is the issue of whether the type you … Continue reading
It is every home owner’s goal to ensure that their homes are always safe and sound. Because their home is their family’s refuge, not to mention that it is a huge financial investment, everyone wants to make sure that they’ve … Continue reading
I have been everywhere and can’t get this key made. The one sentence we hear literally almost every day, sometimes more than once a day. Sometimes we even have a front end full of people all talking about their keys. … Continue reading
The holiday season is almost in full swing, which means your schedule gets a little busier with parties to host or attend, gifts to purchase and trips to go on. All the extra fun and excitement can make us a … Continue reading
As you’ve probably noticed, the temperatures are starting to drop in the northwest. Today I want to share some tips on how to prepare your locks for the colder weather that is fast approaching. The winters in the northwest can be … Continue reading
As a Locksmith I get asked by customers about security tips for around the home. Tips for new construction or remodels or security upgrades for a home or business. Below is a list of the most often suggested tips I give … Continue reading